I'll be conducting a workshop on Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization this February 27 at the 4th floor new building of Urdaneta City University (UCU), Urdaneta, Pangasinan.
The organizers of this training are Urdaneta City University, College of Computer Studies in cooperation with ICT Pangasinan and DigitalFilipino Club member Bitstop Network Services, Inc.
I was able to catch up with Wilson Chua last February 9 at E-Services Philippines who made this workshop possible.
This hands-on workshop will discuss tips and techniques to get a site to the top of search engine rankings (e.g. Google, Yahoo, and MSN) and stay there.
- Introduction to Search Engine Marketing / Search Engine Optimization
- Identify niche positioning for products and services that you'll sell, target customers, buying frequency and motivation.
- Keywords discovery, attractiveness analysis, and implementation.
- How search engines process information as it crawls websites.
- Improving your website structure and navigation.
- Improving your website page titles, description, menus, body text, other assets, and good content (on-page optimization)
- Getting your website linked through directory submissions, article writing, online press releases, and social media/networking tools. (off-page optimization)
- Introduction to paid advertising programs.
- Tracking and fine tuning your website.
First-come first-served basis. Interested parties are requested to contact Ficer Dofredo - IT head of Urdaneta City University at 0908-2299114 to register. The workshop fee is one hundred pesos (P100). Food is not included. As computers are limited, if possible, bring your own laptop with portable Internet access (such as through your mobile phone).
2/20 Update: My tag team speaker at SEMCON Bicol, Gary Viray, will join me in conducting this whole day workshop. He will also talk about off-page optimization.
See you this Friday UCU!