Last week had been fairly exciting as I joined a group writing project for the first time. Although I did not received any monetary prize, the value of getting to discover new blogs, the link love, ideas inspiration, and website traffic (even for a short period of time), made it all worth it.
There were a lot of posts I read citing that majority of blogs today are bound to fail. I believe that the reasons behind it can include:
- Unable to build a readership base.
- Had a hard time in earning some link love. It seems that link love is easiest gained by participating in some online or offline social activities.
- The blogger starts getting lost and ponder as to why they are blogging in the first place.
- and there are many more (please feel free to add your thoughts)
- I noticed that majority of connections and community members in MyBlogLog have blogs that are less than a year old. This is a good opportunity to put the spotlight on them.
- Getting bloggers to recognize the new ones may perhaps contribute in lessening the percentage of blogs that lose inspiration, fail, and die within a year.
- New faces! Sometimes it gets tiring to see the old ones being mentioned again and again and again.
- Take this project as a means to promote some of our corporate club members and other sponsors during the activity.